CARVING OUT PHENOMENAL
EXPERIENCES WHERE IMAGINATION COMES TO LIFE
Carved from the rock of the spectacular Sahkir desert, Al Dana Amphitheatre is Bahrain’s newest and most exciting live entertainment destination. Driven by a vision to create globally recognized entertainment experiences in the Kingdom of Bahrain, our extraordinary venue merges the desert landscape with state-of-the-art technology. A place where imagination comes to life, we offer four dynamic event spaces – the breath-taking open-air Amphitheatre, the extraordinary Quarry Lounge, the refreshing Desert Garden and the spacious open-air Plaza. Catering for everything from iconic star-studded concerts to special indoor celebrations, we seek to ignite the imaginations of guests and artists alike, creating magical and unforgettable moments in a one-of-a-kind setting.
Al Dana Amphitheatre has the ability to delight and inspire audiences with its dramatic and complex design. Featuring an impressive 10,000 seat amphitheatre, construction of our remarkable venue first began in December 2018. Completed in June 2020, it took less than 2 years to bring our vision to life – an extraordinary feat we’re extremely proud of!
- Depth: 15m
- Rock and soil excavated: 250,000m3
- Concrete used: 140,000m3
- Construction works: 2,700
- Man-hours: 3.02 million
Al Dana Amphitheatre was built with the community in mind and has a long-term vision to support and promote home-grown talent. As well as hosting incredible international concerts with chart-topping artists and private events in Bahrain, our venue can be used by the whole community.
Built on a long-standing cultural tradition of music appreciation, we believe entertainment has the power to bring people together, help us connect with one another and bring joy and vibrancy to a community. Look out for exciting and upcoming community events, as well as fun volunteering opportunities.
Sustainability lies at the heart of Al Dana Amphitheatre, which has been designed and constructed to use the lowest energy possible with recycled materials used throughout.
- Raw materials such as concrete and recycled rubber flooring
- Corporate boxes are recycled shipping containers, and a substantial amount of the rock quarried from the site was recycled into key design elements
- Recycled and re-appropriated materials used in bathrooms and the Quarry Lounge, as well as the use of LED lighting throughout
- Materials and technologies have been chosen to complement the landscape-focused design theme.
- The rock’s acoustic qualities allow sound to disperse cleanly and predictably from the stage, giving a distinct, highly-quality sound.